Thursday, August 17, 2006

Montreal


My partner and I returned from a great trip in Montreal. During the four days we spent there, we fell in love with the city. Above is a view from the Parc du Mont-Royal which overlooks the city.
I have to admit that I'm actually depressed to be back in New York. In Montreal (and Canada as a whole) I am no longer regarded as a second-class citizen, and I would have the right to marry my partner. The city itself is more relaxed than NYC, and the restaurants are excellent. The subways and streets are also considerably cleaner. There is also a better coffee chain than Starbucks called "Second Cup". We are definitely returning sometime next year, hopefully with a better understanding of the French language. Until that time I will continue to miss Montreal...

No comments: